What is Chronic Pain Syndrome?
Chronic pain involves symptoms of pain that persist for an extended period of time. The constant discomfort and weakness makes even the simplest of activities an uphill battle, and this can often lead to depression.
We at the Shreveport Pain Clinic care deeply about our patients and have trained intensively in the reduction of pain. We go above and beyond by critically examining both your physical and mental state before determining the optimal course of action.
Symptoms of Chronic Pain Syndrome
We effectively treat the following symptoms when related to your chronic pain:
- Widespread pain and increased sensitivity
- Sleep disorders
- Weight gain or loss
- Chronic headaches
- Anxiety, irritability, depression, and despair
It is important to start treatment early. If you suffer from chronic pain, we encourage you to set up an appointment with a doctor.
Chronic Pain Treatment Methods
- Physical Therapy Treatment for Chronic Pain – Treatment methods include therapeutic exercise, Kinesio taping, and manual therapy to increase strength and decrease pain and inflammation.
- Manual Therapy – Manual therapy is a great way to soothe chronic pain while recovering the flexibility of your joint tissue.
- Prescription Medications – At the Shreveport Pain Clinic, you may have the option to receive prescriptions for medications that are effective in treating pain symptoms, and when needed, can be combined with antidepressants, narcotics, benzodiazepines, or sleeping aids to reduce a wide range of other symptoms.